We are now hiring a Part Time Field Farmer for our 2019 season!
About Us & How to Apply
We are a small farm with a large vision of providing our community with pasture raised meats and year-round herbs and vegetables from our recently expanded market garden. Our outlets consist of our Wednesday Seasonal Farm Stand, two local Farmers Markets (in Red Bluff & Redding,) and our Weekly Vegetable CSA box program. We are looking for a hard-working individual to assist our motivated team with our 2019 season garden production.
If you would be a good fit to join our team of positive and enthusiastic farmers, please email Audrey with your resume and a letter of introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due by April 15th!
2019 Market Garden Seasonal Responsibilities
Main Job Responsibilities:
· Assist in the completion of morning garden harvests for farmers markets and CSA boxes.
· Assist with all manner of general garden care including daily drip irrigation and repair, weeding, mulching, feeding, etc.
· Follow appropriate harvesting and storage processes when working within the packing shed and cold room, including organization of CSA boxes for pick up/delivery.
· Participate in weekly “check in’s” with the RGR team to discuss schedule, plans, and needs for the week in order to execute the weekly Work Plan.
· Assist in the set-up of irrigation systems within the market garden.
· Assist with bed turns, transplanting, and seeding.
· Assist in maintaining accurate records of planting and amending on Garden Plan.
· Maintain a basic understanding of the no-till planting method, our pastured meat practices, as well as our permaculture plan and design in order to comfortably discuss our farm practices with potential customers.
Schedule & Compensation
· This is a Part-Time, Seasonal position which will run from May through October 2019.
· The weekly schedule will be Wednesdays & Fridays 8:00am-1:00pm (Earlier as needed during peak summer heat)
· Flexibility to increase days per week as needed for proper management of field production is desired, but not mandatory.
· $11 per hour with potential for growth